Median with Multiple Criteria

Nekamala

I'm trying to convert the below averageifs formula to median formula and am having trouble. Help?

IFERROR(AVERAGEIFS(SA_Comp[Turnaround],SP_Comp[Individual],$B$10,SP_Comp[Request],Stock,SP_Comp[Year],$B$3,SP_Comp[Quarter],$F$7),"-")

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=IFERROR(MEDIAN(IF(SP_Comp[Individual]=$B$10,IF(SP_Comp[Request]=Stock,IF(SP_Comp[Year]=$B$3,IF(SP_Comp[Quarter]=$F$7,SA_Comp[Turnaround]))))),"-")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried the formula you gave me and it's still not working for me :(

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that the problem is in your formula (the correct is SP_Comp and not SA_Comp)

IFERROR(AVERAGEIFS(SP_Comp[Turnaround],SP_Comp[Individual],$B$10,SP_Comp[Request],Stock,SP_Comp[Year],$B$3,SP_Comp[Quarter],$F$7),"-")

The
Aladin's formula is ok (only a small modification in red)

Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=IFERROR(MEDIAN(IF(SP_Comp[Individual]=$B$10,IF(SP_Comp[Request]=Stock,IF(SP_Comp[Year]=$B$3,IF(SP_Comp[Quarter]=$F$7,SP_Comp[Turnaround]))))),"-")

Markmzz

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried the formula you gave me and it's still not working for me :(

Did you apply control+shift+enter?

Control+shift+enter means: Press down the controland the shift keys at the same time while you hit the enter key. If done successfully, Excel itself puts a pair of { and } around the formula in recognition.

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin,

I did apply control+shift+enter, and it gave me "-", which is not correct. Should be 48. I'm just not sure why it's not working :(

Upvote 0
Yes - the averageifs is working perfectly. The table is named SP_Comp. I mistyped the SA_Comp up above for Turnaround, but fixed it within the formula you provided and got "-" as my answer.

Upvote 0
Yes - the averageifs is working perfectly. The table is named SP_Comp. I mistyped the SA_Comp up above for Turnaround, but fixed it within the formula you provided and got "-" as my answer.

The Table name corrected and control+shift+enter correctly applied, we would see in the formula bar { and } around the formula. Is that the case?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back