dadavis9s

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Please excuse any wrong terms I may use when attempting to ask my question - I'm new to the community :)

My goal is to set up an excel spreadsheet that can serve as a database from where I can pull information, in any combination, to perform research, evaluate procedures, etc. Many of these procedures are done at the same time (i.e. in the same surgery setting), so the database needs to be organized and complete enough to allow for easy data manipulation/pulling.

Most of my data is a simple drop down selection menu (i.e patient's sex, type of anesthesia used, grafting locations, etc.) What I'm having trouble with are columns that need multiple combinations as well as manual data entries. For example, the column for "fillers" needs to have the option to select which fillers were used, where they were used, and the volume of how much was used. Multiple areas and multiple fillers can be used in the same session.

Types of fillers: Voluma, Volbella, Vollure, Juvederm, Restylane Lyft, Restylane-L, Restylane Silk, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Defyne, Sculptra, Radiesse

Locations: liquid rhinoplasty, neck, perioral, lip, Temples, upper eyelid, Lateral SOOF, Medial SOOF, Deep Malar, Superficial Malar, nasolabial fold, marionette lines, chin, lips, earlobe, jawline

Volume: manual data entry

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this can be done effectively and still look clean?

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
got to say with the total width of medicine, it really should be stored in SQL tables or MSACCESS

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back