Memory could not be read

jlintz

I have a spreadsheet that I opened and copied all the contents. I then opened a new sheet. When I try to paste the contents onto the new sheet, I get the following error message:

Application Error
Instruction at 0x300120c7 reference memory at 0x0000006. The memory could not be read.

If I try this at another PC, it works fine. I have tried to repair office. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Aside from copying a smaller range, I'd recommend contacting your IT department, especially if you're getting blue screen memory dumps. This is not my forte, but something seems to bolloxed up with your memory, whether it's the hardware or a piece of installed software. I think this is a Windows error constant...

Upvote 0
The only thing I can think of is that your hardware isn't functioning properly. Think of memory or hard disk. Use scan disk or some sort of memory check program to see if your hardware is not damaged.
If you have to less memory the error can also appear. If you say that you repaired your office system also try reparing you OS.

As you see I can't give you a direct solution I don't think a lot of people can on this forum. Try the high-tech guys at ????

Greatings and good luck,

Monkey

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back