fmccarty

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hello,

This is my first post, so be gentle. I have a source file that has two lines for each invoice: one line is for dates relating to the invoice itself and the other is for receiving report tied to the invoice. I want to be able to merge/copy the dates from the receiving report line to the invoice line. Is there a way to do this before it's loaded? I also wondered if I could just separate the receiving report files and put them into a separate table and reference from there. I know in Access could just create a query for this, but I'm a stumped on this one. Please help.

I've included a file with sample data. The two files are grouped by colors and the arrows show where I would like the data (dates) to be.

Attachments

• Spreadsheet Example.jpg
    Spreadsheet Example.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 4

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
I looked at the picture again
  1. fill down in column [Invoice Received Dt]
  2. fill up in columns with arrows
  3. select all columns and group

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you @sandy666. Thanks for that information, I didn't know that was even a possibility. I only took a screen shot of the data I'm trying to manipulate. There are other Document Type Cd in the data pull. The CI & RR are split out because they are two documents received at two different times. Whatever I do will have to be specific to this combination. I think I might just have to put the RR in another table and create a relationship to pull in the Receiver and Acceptance dates.

Upvote 0
the best way is post your data (from this picture) via XL2BB
then I can use it for tests
or
post a link to the shared excel file with your data (and expected result) using onedrive, googledrive, dropbox or any similar
images containing colors are usually useless

Upvote 0
something like this?
Contract MoDelivery OrderShipment MoInvoice NoStatusDocument Type CdInvoice Received DtReceiver DtLPO Certified DtAcceptance DtLPO Reject Dt Shipment DtInvoice AmSubmitted Dt
XXXXX5XXXXX42XXXXXXX1INV1Paid,ProcessedCl,RR10/5/20199/13/201912/31/20198/1/201929410/5/2019
XXXXX5XXXXX42XXXXXXX2INV1APaid,ProcessedCl,RR10/5/20199/13/201912/31/20198/1/2019312.710/5/2019
XXXXX5XXXXX42XXXXXXX3INV1CPaid,ProcessedCl,RR10/5/20199/13/201912/31/20198/1/2019196.5410/5/2019

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back