Merge power query source table?

mark551

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I can't get further with one of my excel tables.

I'm currently working on a Ship Database.

Important information: Every ship has an IMO-Number, this number never change, although they change the name of the ship. There are some websites that provide Ship data. Their URL is based on the ships IMO-Number.

I want to do a Excel table where I can enter the IMO-Number, refresh, and with that number a URL will get completed and I get data like length, year of build, homeport.. etc. for that ship from a website into my table.

Example for a URL: BalticShipping.com"9213997" <- this is the part which needs to base on cell, where I enter the IMO-Number.

So I have created a custom function which completes the URL and gets the data from the website, based on my "IMO-Number"-Table, lets call it register.

The register looks like this:
Screenshot 2021-08-16 104922.png

Now I used my custom function in the Power Query Editor and connected it with the IMO-Number-Register and loaded it into a new spreadsheet.

Now the final table looks like this:
Screenshot 2021-08-16 105709.png

My problem is, that I have two tables now. Everytime I want to enter a new ship in the table, I need to enter the IMO-Number first in my register, and then after a refresh it will appear in my final table.

I want just ONE table where I enter the Number and, based on that, it is going to pull the ship data from web into the SAME table. So the data like length, breadth, vesseltype is connected with my IMO-Number and I have the opportunity to maybe filter it as ONE.

Sorry - my english isn't that good. I hope this was understandable and somebody can help me with that.

Please don't be too hard with me, I'm a bloody beginner. ;)

I have Excel 2019.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back