Merging excel files of same name from different folders into a master file

Status
Not open for further replies.

contactm77

I want to merge files of same name stored in different folders .All folders are stored at common directory path for e.g. C:/my documents/data. This then has all subfolders which contain excel sheets of same name. For e.g. extract.xls stored in folder 1, folder 2, folder 3.
Structure of extract.xls file is: each file has same five tabs (worksheets- named tab1, tab2, tab3., tab4, tab5). Each tab has data spread between columns A until CZ (which is max column name). The data stored within each tab varies - so number of rows would change for each tab under each file. The actual data starts from row 7 in all tabs but cells A1 until C3 has some information which is not required to be copied in master file.

I need to copy data stored in one tab (e.g. tab1) of one file (extract.xls under folder 1) into a master file (which is stored at common path) which will have same tab name. Underneath this data I need to copy data from tab1 for second file (extract.xls stored at folder 2). I need to do something but not aware of VB macros.
Please can you help?

Thanks,
MK

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back