Message Board Crashing IE8

AnAnalyst

Is anybody else experiencing problems with the message board crashing IE8?

I can still get into it without issue using Chrome. Any ideas?

Cheers :confused:

I've been using IE8 ever since it came out and have never experienced any problems like that.:)

Code:
...been using IE8 ever since it came out...

Thanks Norie, me too! This has only started happening in the past couple of days. :confused:

You may have a corrupted cookie. I would recommend deleting your cache, cookies, and temporary internet files.

Thanks Joe4.

I have IE set to clear these automatically on exit, but I've done it again manually just in case.

IE still hangs when loading the Message Board page (the rest of the MrExcel site is fine!).

Seems to consistently stall at a point when googleads is being loaded, although I can't view the source.

It could be a number of things. Maybe some of the Google Ads are trying to run some script that you don't have (a newer of version of Java might be necessary?). I have also seen instances where some of the custom internet toolbars that come with certain products cause problems. And some companies block public chat forums.

I use IE8, and not have had any issues. I think it was there was some issue with IE8 and the board, we would be getting a lot more complaints. So it is probably something specific to your computer or set-up. The trick is finding out what!

BTW, if you are unable to get to the Message Boards, how are you able to post to this thread?

Thanks again Joe4, you're right ... it could be all manner of things ... bizarre!

How am I posting?

Code:
I can still get into it without issue using Chrome.

Cheers anyway :)

OK, I am a bit confused. You say that you can get it WITHOUT using Chrome, but then you say that the Message Board is crashing in IE8. From what you posted, it looks like you are saying that both are causing you problems.

So which one is working for you and which one isn't?

:biggrin: Sorry if I wasn't clear.

IE8 freezes up entirely for me.

Everything works fine (without issue) in Google Chrome.

All the best :)

OK, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue in Google Chrome, as I am not using that so really can't speak of there being any issues with that.

But I have been using IE8 for quite a while, and I suspect a good chunk of our users are also. So I would lean toward it being something with your system. Have you made any changes to it recently (installing new software, especially things that want to add their own toolbar), or if this is at work, has your company changed any security settings.

One last idea I didn't mention before was you might want to check our Security settings such as Firewalls, Pop-Up Blockers, etc and make sure nothing is blocking the Message Board.

That's about all I got! I hope you get it figured out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back