Message Box Appearance

John Davis

Hello All:

Is there a way too change the look of the message box (i.e. color, size ect.) during the running of a macro and then return to the default.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Only thing you can change in a message box is the sound it makes when it pops up, what sort of options buttons it has, and what sorta icon (if any) you want the message box to have.

As stated, if you want to change the size, color, etc of the message box, you can't do that. You'd have to create a userform for that sorta flexibility.

Upvote 0
John

It is possible but it involves using the Windows API and quite a fair bit of code.

I would second jonmo's suggestion of userforms, where you will have plenty of options for formatting.

Upvote 0
Nope, but you can easily create a custom UserForm that mimics one.

If you let us know what you're trying to do someone can probably whip something up for you.

HTH,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nope, but you can easily create a custom UserForm that mimics one.

If you let us know what you're trying to do someone can probably whip something up for you.

HTH,

Thank you all for your replies. I'll take your advice and try the Userform approach. I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with. If I need any help, I'll be back.

Upvote 0
Newbie question...What userform would a person select to perform this task in Excel 2007. The references I saw had the standard Excel toolbar.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back