Message box every 650 units from today's value

Ironman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

A1 contains today's date (if this is needed) and F5 below contains a value.

I'm looking for a message box that will trigger when the value in F5 as at today has increased by 650 and automatically every 650 thereafter.

MrExcel.xlsx
A
28 NOV 2021
Training Log
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2A2=UPPER(TEXT(TODAY(),"d mmm yyyy"))

MrExcel.xlsx
F
Training Log
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
F5F5=10724.97 + SUM(C12:C23357)
Named Ranges
NameRefers ToCells
'Training Log'!All_Log_Miles=OFFSET('Training Log'!$C$12,0,0,'Training Log'!$B$10)F5
Last90Miles=OFFSET(Last90Dates,0,2)F5
Log_LastDistance=INDEX('Training Log'!All_Log_Miles,ROWS('Training Log'!All_Log_Miles))F5
LogYear_Log_Miles=INDEX('Training Log'!All_Log_Miles,MATCH(DATE(LogYear-1,12,31),'Training Log'!All_Log_Dates,1)+1):INDEX('Training Log'!All_Log_Miles,ROWS('Training Log'!All_Log_Dates))F5
RangeOfDistEntries='Training Log'!$C$12:OFFSET(LastLogDate,0,2)F5
'Training Log'!YTD_Distances=OFFSET('Training Log'!YTD_Dates,0,2)F5
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
F5Cell Valuebetween 27000 and 27010textYES

Hope you can help?

Many thanks!

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I think I'm getting pretty close but I can't get the code quite right. I need the message box to activate when the F5 value is less than 15 miles of 28132 and thereafter every 650 miles from 28132.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim d As Integer
d = 28132 Mod 650  'shoes need changing in 186 miles and every 650 miles thereafter

' warning when shoes are within 15 miles of needing replacing
If 650 - d <= 15 Then MsgBox "You've almost reached 650 miles in your running shoes" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine _
& "Time to buy a new pair!", vbInformation, "Running Shoes Worn Out"

End Sub
Hope you can help?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
I was way off course. I've just read up on the Mod element and it's not relevant for what I need.

Is there any way that a message box can be activated when the value in F5 is 15 or less from 28132 and thereafter every multiple of 650 from 28132?

Upvote 0
Is there any way that a message box can be activated when the value in F5 is 15 or less from 28132 and thereafter every multiple of 650 from 28132?
F5 won't trigger the Worksheet_Change event because F5 has a formula.
Regarding the use of MOD, maybe something along the lines of this would work
VBA Code:
Dim d As Long
d = [f5] Mod 650
If d > 166 And d < 182 Then
    MsgBox "Within 15 of reaching 650 increment"
ElseIf d = 182 Then
    MsgBox "Exactly 650 increment"
ElseIf d > 182 And d < 197 Then
    MsgBox "Within 15 past 650 increment"
End If

Upvote 0
Solution
SUPERB! That works perfectly, thanks a lot Nolan! - so it did work after all using MOD.

Can you tell me why Excel doesn't treat formulas as values when using code - is it because the worksheet hasn't changed with a user input? Shouldn't Excel be able to recognise any change?

Upvote 0
Can you tell me why Excel doesn't treat formulas as values when using code - is it because the worksheet hasn't changed with a user input? Shouldn't Excel be able to recognise any change?
The "Worksheet_Change" event procedure runs automatically on the manual update of some cell.
The "Worksheet_Calculate" event procedure runs whenever any value on the sheet is recalculated.

So you would typically use "Worksheet_Calculate" to identify when a calculation has changed. The caveat with "Worksheet_Calculate" is that it cannot determine what cell's calculation changed, only that some calculation was changed (hence, there is no "Target" argument for "Worksheet_Calculate", like there is for "Worksheet_Change").

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorie1693

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back