Message box warning the approach of certain value

tituh

Hello, guys!

I work in a company that provides electrical services. One of the jobs that was given to me was to control how much of cable were already pulled into the cable trays.

Since one of the clients we have had purchased a specific meterage of cable to be pulled, I need to know when the contract is about to be completed, so any extra cable pulled will be charged.

So, for this, i thought that maybe there could be a way of programing a Message Box to show up on the screen when a specific cell is higher than a certain value, so I could program a lot of those to keep warning me about the approach of the contractual meterage. However, I have no clue at all about making this happen.

Can someone enlight me about this?

I appreciate to whom it may concern.

Victor A.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
A couple things...

You don't need VBA for this. You could use conditional formatting to shade the relevant cell(s) red (or whatever color you want) to warn of the impending meterage limit.

However, if you want a message box to pop up that will grab the user's attention, then please post what cell address is (or range of cells if that's the case) that holds the numbers that relate to the meterage being used already. You'd also need to specify for the programming code what the allowable meterage is, and what percentage or count of (for example) cable length is a point at which beyond that, you want a warning message to pop up. Finally, please specify exactly how the meterage numbers end up in the cell(s) that you are monitoring. Are they manually entered? Are they produced by formulas in that/those cell(s)? Imported frrom an external database? Once that info is understood, a Change or Calc event procedure at the worksheet level can be whipped up to do what you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back