Message Box when value is within 100 of the next 1000

Ironman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

Sheet 'Daily Tracking' Cell CG375 contains a value, currently 27851 and is increasing.

What I'd be really grateful for is a message box that is triggered when I open the workbook if/whenever the value in Sheet 'Daily Tracking' Cell CG375 is within 100 of the next 1000 i.e. it will next trigger between 27900 and 28000. It will then trigger between 28900 and 29000 and so on and in each case it calculates the difference between the two values.

e.g. for 27900 the message would be "100 miles to go until you hit 28,000 miles".

Also, if possible, when the value is equal to or greater than the 1000 by up to 10 e.g. 28000 - 28010 a different message is triggered e.g. "Congratulations, you have now run over 28,000 miles"

I'd also appreciate it if the value could be rounded up to the nearest whole number.

Many thanks!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
to start with.. try this & let me know if it serves the initial purpose then will try to add other msgbox when the target is over

VBA Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim A As Integer

A = Sheets("Daily Tracking").Range("CG375").Value Mod 1000

If 1000 - A <= 100 Then MsgBox 1000 - A & " miles to go until you hit " & Range("CG375").Value + 1000 - A

End Sub

Upvote 0
That works fantastic hrayani and made me smile! THANK YOU :biggrin:

Upvote 0
you are welcome :)

Sounds like you are ok with 1 msg box... don't you need the other msg box which says congrats you have run 10 miles or so over etc etc

Upvote 0
Er no, I was hoping for the other one too please ;)

Upvote 0
Ok :)
try this

VBA Code:

Dim A As Integer

If 1000 - A <= 100 Then MsgBox 1000 - A & " miles to go until you hit " & Range("CG375").Value + 1000 - A
If A > 0 And A <= 10 Then MsgBox "Congratulations! You have now run over " & Range("CG375").Value - A & " miles"

End Sub

Upvote 0
Heyyyy that is just brilliant!

Thanks a lot! :biggrin:

Upvote 0
Just a quick one: would it be possible for you to amend your code slightly so there is a thousands separator please? i.e. "xx miles to go until you hit 28,000" (instead of 28000)?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Just a quick one: would it be possible for you to amend your code slightly so there is a thousands separator please? i.e. "xx miles to go until you hit 28,000" (instead of 28000)?

Thanks again!
VBA Code:

Dim A As Integer

If 1000 - A <= 100 Then MsgBox 1000 - A & " miles to go until you hit " & Format(Range("CG375").Value + 1000 - A, "#,#")
If A > 0 And A <= 10 Then MsgBox "Congratulations! You have now run over " & Format(Range("CG375").Value - A, "#,#") & " miles"

End Sub

Upvote 0
VBA Code:

Dim A As Integer

If 1000 - A <= 100 Then MsgBox 1000 - A & " miles to go until you hit " & Format(Range("CG375").Value + 1000 - A, "#,#")
If A > 0 And A <= 10 Then MsgBox "Congratulations! You have now run over " & Format(Range("CG375").Value - A, "#,#") & " miles"

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back