Messed up display of conditional compilation directives

Jaafar Tribak

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi forum,

First, I would like to congratulate the MrExcel community on the new Board and I wish it success.

I have noticed that in previous posts where conditional compilation is used, the #If #Else #End If lines are not displayed correctly .

See this old post as an example :

Interestingly, this doesn't seem to happen with new posts like here :

First, I would like to congratulate the MrExcel community on the new Board and I wish it success.

Thank you, @Jaafar Tribak!

I just fixed the post you reported above.

Reason: It had inner tags, color, url etc. The only way to make codes including bbcode is using the Rich Code option after the migration. I just added =rich into the code tag, and now it should render correctly.

Normally, selecting VBA will be good enough from now on. The code will be highlighted automatically without any inner bbcode.

We had to use this method (rich) to provide backward compatibility, however not all posts have been converted (due to not containing certain patterns). Please do not hesitate to let us know by reporting your own post (or others) with "Code doesn't show correct" or similar message.

Thank you for looking into this and correcting the problem.

Unfortunatly, I have dozens of similar codes all over the forum where the issue still remains .. I wonder if they can all be fixed.

Regards.

Unfortunatly, I have dozens of similar codes all over the forum where the issue still remains .. I wonder if they can all be fixed.

Yes. As long as we can define the pattern, we can fix them. It might take some time, but we'll continue fixing such content.

Thanks again for reporting this.

Just in case as most of the old posts seem to be rendering correctly I have just come across this one from Robert Mika that hasn't rendered correctly....

Just in case as most of the old posts seem to be rendering correctly I have just come across this one from Robert Mika that hasn't rendered correctly....

Thanks for reporting this, Mark.

As we explained in the help page:
For the forum migration in November 2019, more than 90 thousands of existing posts using HTML-based codes were converted to XL2BB code. We found that there were many versions of HTML Makers in use and the output from some tools have not been converted yet. We are still working on converting those after the migration.
For example, in this sample you reported, our member looks to be invented his own HTML maker script, or simply generated the table HTML codes manually and used in the post.

It is not easily possible to convert them manually by the way, but we keep defining patterns and converting to the XL2BB tags with some programming help. It will just take some time.

Thanks again.

Thanks for replying smozgur, I know that you are still working on it but I thought I had better report it as most of the posts I have seen you have done great work to manage to get converted.

Btw, I doubt if Robert made up his own Html for the post as he made too many posts per day to go to that much effort (whether he used Colo's original code though I don't know).

I thought I had better report it

Absolutely! I really appreciate you did that.
And thank you for your kind words.

Actually I was just giving a sample about different patterns by using the post, not even looked who posted it. It was the only proper and great way and Colo’s HTML Maker will be always one of the best tools that was used in MrExcel Message Board. Beyond that, thanks to Colo, his HTML pattern(s) was really clean to catch with Regex even it is not quite possible to parse HTML with Regex properly since it is not a strict language like XML.

We’ll keep converting the rest. :) Thank you so much for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back