winds

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
So basically I have a file that's quite all over the place. Here's a rough explanation of the data I have now:

There are cells that have the same values which is followed by its individual set of data. Unfortunately it's jumbled up. Some appears in column E, F, G and H. One set of data ends AND starts with cells of the same value ish.. thankfully that's all in column A.

I figured maybe there's a way to copy but sort of rearrange the data so they all align to column G.

And another thing.

The data all have spaces so what I did was trim and using the text to columns feature. Unfortunately starting this in column E will overwrite that starts in column F and G and H.

But I think first thing I think needs to be done is... is there a way to sort of realign this data back together?

So far I was trying to realign manually by using find the manually copying first in column H then G then F to prevent overwriting.. but it's tiring since this data is in the xxxxx figures! Any ideas?

I can only think something like if the start of column A has this, then if column E/F/G/H has this, then copy all the way until Column A has this value... macro?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
This will be hard to fix without an actual file. Suggest you post a file and a mocked up solution for the first 6-10 records. Use XL2BB so that we don't have to try and recreate your data and will understand the formatting.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back