NrthnChrs

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

Context; I'm very much an amateur when it comes to excel but managed to put the below 2 formulas together from a few forums but its causing my s/s to run incredibly slow. The s/s is also web linked to an intranet form which could be causing some of the delay also.

The form is a questionnaire with Yes / No and a comments section. Some questions have multiple parts ie 1a, 1b, 1c and the idea if each time a "Yes" is selected comments need to be provided. AJ2, AK2 and AL2 are declarations validating the questionnaire hence they are "No" and no comments. The declarations need to be selected "Yes" to pass.

If you would be able to shorten the below formulas that would be great.

Formula 1
=IF(OR(AND(H2="Yes", I2=""), AND(J2="Yes", N2=""), AND(K2="Yes", N2=""), AND(L2="Yes", N2=""), AND(M2="Yes", N2=""), AND(O2="Yes", Q2=""), AND(P2="Yes", Q2=""), AND(R2="Yes", S2=""), AND(T2="Yes", U2=""), AND(V2="Yes", W2=""), AND(X2="Yes", Z2=""), AND(Y2="Yes", Z2=""), AND(AA2="Yes", AC2=""), AND(AB2="Yes", AC2=""), AND(AD2="Yes", AE2=""), AND(AF2="Yes", AG2=""), AND(AH2="Yes", AI2=""), AND(AJ2="No"), AND(AK2="No"), AND(AL2="No")), "Yes", "No")

Formula 2
=IF(OR(AND(H2="Yes"), AND(J2="Yes"), AND(K2="Yes"), AND(L2="Yes"), AND(M2="Yes"), AND(O2="Yes"), AND(P2="Yes"), AND(R2="Yes"), AND(T2="Yes"), AND(V2="Yes"), AND(X2="Yes"), AND(Y2="Yes"), AND(AA2="Yes"), AND(AB2="Yes"), AND(AD2="Yes"), AND(AF2="Yes"), AND(AH2="Yes")), "Yes", "No")

Formula 1
Checks that if a dropdown is "Yes" then there needs to be a corresponding comment. If not it is marked Yes for further information needed.

Formula 2
Just checks that if a dropdown is "Yes" then the comment for that question needs to be reviewed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Welcome to the MrExcel forum!

For the second formula, you can remove all the ANDs from it, i.e. AND(AH2="Yes") can be replaced with simply AH2="Yes". No need to have an AND function with a single condition in it. And if the gaps between your cells will never have a "Yes" in them (so I2, N2, Q2, S2, U2, W2, Z2, AC2, AE2, AG2) you can replace the whole formula with:

=IF(COUNTIF(H2:AH2,"Yes"),"Yes","No")

The first formula is a bit trickier. Same question for it - what is between the specific cells in the formula?

Upvote 0
Solution
Unless you have thousands of formulas like that, my guess is that the link to the intranet is having more of an impact in the delay you are seeing than the formula is.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back