MI pack including Excel and Word sheets

cornflakegirl

I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this question, so if not, apologies in advance.

My colleagues produce a monthly MI pack which includes Excel spreadsheets they produce, spreadsheets others supply to them, and commentaries in Word. All the disparate sheets makes it hard to get page numbering right. They also want to be able to send the pack out electronically, and lots of individual files obviously isn't ideal for this.

The last time I had to do a similar thing was several years ago, and I used Binder, which wasn't great, but was better than nothing. But it seems to have been discontinued. Has anyone got a neat solution?

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
I don't know what an MI pack is. Maybe this disqualifies me from answering your question. Please provide more info. :)

Upvote 0
If you don't need it editable (and I guess if it's for management you may not) then you could use Acrobat?

Upvote 0
Right Click - MI = management information. The month-end reporting pack.

Rory - nice idea. I've never used Acrobat to produce documents - is it straight-forward? (Btw - I completely love your sig :))

Upvote 0
Thanks - I'm completely mystified by yours! :)
It's fairly straightforward though I've only used it occasionally so I can't guarantee how reliable the conversion process may be.

Upvote 0
I've done something similar recently using Acrobat and it is straightforward if a trifle tedious.

Basically save all your sheets and Word docs as PDF files. Then open the first page in Acrobat and use Document > Insert pages to add each of the other PDFs in sequence. Finally you can use Document > Add Headers & Footers to add page numbers.

That is for Acrobat 6.0 - it is slightly different in other versions.

Upvote 0
Using Acrobat 8 you can select the Excel and/or Word documents you want to combine and then it will convert them all for you. Still quite a tedious process though!

Upvote 0
(Mine's a West Wing quote. I won't attempt to explain it.)

Well, definitely worth having a play with, I think.

(I've just noticed your post count. Do you actually spend your entire life on here? Not that I'm complaining :))

Upvote 0
No, I try to divide my time between about 5 forums! :) (not always equally - this is probably one of my 2 most active ones).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back