migrate models from Excel 2013 to 2016

SOQLee

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have several linked 2013 models; each with their own links to data sources, queries, calculated DAX measures, etc. After making a copy, I installed Excel 2016 (64-bit) and opened the file. All seemed well, until I went to look at the Powerpivot tables and queries..the tables did not migrate over; nothing was showing up in data view or data relationship. Do I have to rebuild my 2013 models in order to upgrade to Excel 2016?

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hi Matt,
Perhaps all the Excel 2013 files need to be migrated to 2016 to establish the linkages and PowerPivot tables in 2016... I haven't tested this yet as I'm mid-cycle in reporting; and afraid of models disappearing! I've decided to stay with 2013 for the time-being and will keep monitoring MrExcel.com for advice. Many thanks for the reference below.

No you shouldn't. Something is wrong. I have heard of a similar (but different) problem. I don't know if they're are related. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114297

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back