Migrating Basic Excel Users to Office 2007

AllyOops

Hello,

There is a group of 12 people who I need to get migrated to Office 2007. I am pushing for this so that I can deploy some improved functionality at work.

This group ranges in age from late 20s to late 50s with variable and basic Excel Skills (and not good confidence levels). Needless to say I have no training budget so I am thinking about a dedicated PC in the work area where people can make use of the Microsoft online training.

My question is, how should I handle the software migration? Should I encourage them all to jump in the deep end or can I use a staged approach? I have successfully run Office 2003 and 2007 on one laptop in the past - thios seems dangerous for this group.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
If you're looking for a staged approach, you should check out Microsoft's Enterprise Learning Framework. It's for IT professionals who plan/coordinate deployment and training. It customizes a document for you with links to everything you'll need for training at office.microsoft.com. I found it extremely helpful in developing my training plan.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/desktopdeployment/bdd/elf/Welcome.aspx

--DJ

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back