Minifs/Maxifs and the new formulas working on new excel file but doesn't work on older excel files

netanel99

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
hello amazing people,

thanks for all the help, you guys are always great, wanted to ask you the question on the title, both excel files- the new one and the older one is in .xlsm and I open both with office 2019 pro - how can I make the older file get the new formulas like if I open new excel file.

the formulas that doesn't work with the older excel file are - IFS Function, MINIFS And MAXIFS Function and the other new stuff added recently for office 2019 and 365..

thanks for any sort of help ,
Netanel

In what way don't those formulas work?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
thank you for the help , when it doesn't work, first excel don't auto recognise the formula when I type it, second , even if I write the whole formula it just gives error because the formula doesn't recognised.
but when I open excel (same version) from start menu and use "open file" and open the older excel file then suddenly the Minifs formula recognised when I type and all the already excisting Minifs formulas suddenly goes from error to fully working.

Upvote 0
What error do you get in the file that doesn't work?

Upvote 0
error :
"#NAME?"

I also tryed to open the file from start menu where it does show the formula right and "save as" and then open the file and still doesn't work .

Upvote 0
The only way I can think of where you would get that is if You have two versions of Excel installed & depending on how you open the file it will open in 2019 or the earlier version.

Upvote 0
yes it logical but unfortunately it's not my case becase it open excel 2019 on both, and I checked the version exact update number and both are excel 2019 and the same.
I just triple checked and both are
excel 2019 pro plus,
version: 2101
build: 13628.20448

Upvote 0
Have you checked your installed programs through the control panel to confirm that there is only one installation?

I see the same version and build numbers on office 365 so my previous suggestion appears to be an unreliable way of identifying different versions :oops:

When you check the installed programs, check the whole list carefully for anything with the Office or Excel logo rather than looking / searching where you think it should be. I've noticed that my current installation is listed as 'Microsoft 365', naturally, if I search for 'Office' or 'Excel', the installed version is not found.

Upvote 0
oh . got ya, I've checked in all the variant I could think of, I've found : microsof office pro 2019 with no MB indication and also office 19MB so I guess it's ok.
thanks for all the in depth help , I'll eat the fish , maybe I'm saying the phrase wrong, is it eat the fish? donno , I guess I'll just live with it. Hope those will be our problems :)

Upvote 0
Best thing I can suggest is to uninstall anything related to office that you can find in the program manager, then see if you can still open a workbook from the file browser. If you can then it would mean that there is still another version hidden away somewhere.

Once you are sure that you have uninstalled everything, restart your computer before installing the correct version that you want to use. (I don't think that restarting is strictly necessary with office installations but it never hurts).

Hopefully a clean install will resolve it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back