minimize a form.

Skip Bisconer

I have a form with combo boxes set to gather data from a table to total and post to a different worksheet. Currently my lookup table is a work in process and as I run into new data I need to enter into my table as I go. Currently my form is vbmodeless which allows me to open the table worksheet and add to it, but it would be very helpful if I could minimize the form to my worksheet, as it covers half my viewing area, instead of closing and starting all over again. I have searched help and this site but either it isn't there or I am not using the correct word combination to find it. I hope I have explained this thoroughly. Working in Excel 2003. Thanks for looking at my problem

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
hmm,

what if you made a button on your userform that 1.) temporarily saves everything on the userform and hides the form. then another button or menu option that shows the form again but fills all values.

Upvote 0
The only way I can think of is to use the userform itself as a minimize button. I hope this helps.

Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Click()
Static makeBig As Boolean
If makeBig Then
    Me.Height = 300
Else
    Me.Height = 20
End If
makeBig = Not (makeBig)
End Sub

Upvote 0
I too have been searching for a way to minimize my UserForm, and have seen the following link many times ...

http://www.xcelfiles.com/Userform_TaskBar.html

When I enter that site, there is an option to "Download example workbook", however, when I click on the download link, it takes me to a web page that seems to be dedicated to advertisements ... I cannot find how to download the example workbook.

Any clues ?

Also, is there a way to remove the 'Close' or 'X' button from the UserForm ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back