Minor annoyance - excel hanging on change of font colour

ruthhacche

Board Regular
For some time now I have problems with excel hanging for about 10-20 seconds on some minor commands the first time I use them on a spreadsheet. eg Change font colour. But weirdly not change cell fill. Once it has hung once on a sheet the problem goes away until next time I open a different or a new one. The is Office 365 64 bit. It also does it in safe mode.

I just wondered if anyone else had this problem.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
how many cells are being changed and do you have worksheet_change type events assigned to VBA, what does that do, once you start a cascade all sorts might happen. Is the file remote in the cloud or local to your machine

Upvote 0
Apologies I never saw this response. Thank you for responding. Just one cell will set it off. No worksheet change events - just some pretty basic macros in my personal doc (Sub Public sub and function). It is all excel docs either on my server or on my local machine or on my PC running a separate instance of excel. So must be something to do with how I have set up excel as it is the same on both these machines. I have just had a good clear out of the macros as some are no longer used so maybe that will help. Always a good thing to do anyway.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back