Mismatch error in vba with vlookup match combination?

tahir9

Essentially the code is suppose to match the names in a column then go to the last call column or last visit column find if they have been contacted in the last 7 days and paste it into the sheet named after the person. So all the jacksons visited in the past 7 days would be copied to the jacksons sheet. Thanks for the help. But I am getting a mismatch error.
Code:
Sub dateofvisit()
Dim lastrow As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.Calculation = xlManual
sheetlist = Array("Jackson", "Michael", "Bieber", "Nicole", "Reina", "TimC")
strsearch =Array("Jackson", "Michael", "Bieber", "Nicole", "Reina", "TimC")
For Z = LBound(strsearch) To UBound(strsearch)

For i = LBound(sheetlist) To UBound(sheetlist)
        Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
        lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
        dbate = "Date of Last Call"
        ddate = "Date of Last visit"

For x = lastrow To 5 Step -1
                If ActiveSheet.Cells(x, Application.VLookup(strsearch, Range("A5:S3000"), 17, False)) >= DateAdd("d", -7, Now) _
                    Or ActiveSheet.Cells(x, Application.VLookup(strsearch, Range("A5:S3000"), 16, False)) >= DateAdd("d", -7, Now) Then
                        Rows(x).Copy Sheets(sheetlist(i)).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2)
                    End If
                Next x
            Next i
        Next Z

Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
The 17 and 16 in the cells object should replaced with application.match(dbate,Range("A4:S4"),0) and application.match(ddate, Range("A4:S4"),0).

Upvote 0
Thanks I did index I forgot to include that, but I am still getting the mismatch error. So I changed application to worksheetfunction and then I got the unable to use the vlookup property of the worksheetfunction class. Its not finding the date but I can't point to what it can be.

Upvote 0
Well I am using v lookup because its simpler than having a lot of if statements. So in column b there are the names and columns p and q have the information I am searching for and information that is the basis for my if criteria. I figure vlookup would be the way to go about since it seems to be the more dynamic route. I am open to suggestions if you have an idea on how to make it better or not experience that error. Thanks for responding btw.

Upvote 0
What are you expecting VLookup to return and in what way can that be used as the Cells property's column reference?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinusJE

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back