missing locals window

Ken Cowen

Board Regular
In VBA when I try to view the Locals window, I can't find it. Is there a way to reset the location, or to identify the location of a particular window in the Immediate pane?
I am thinking it might be docked somewhere I can't find it, or buried in another window; but I really want to get it back.

Thanks

Ken

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Try Window \ Cascade - should now be able to see it and drag it to where you want

In the unlikely event that you still cannot see it close all the other panes one by one - it should eventually be revealed

Upvote 0
Thanks, but that still did not work. When I cascaded the windows, all the modules and form cascaded, but the immediate window was not impacted by the cascade command; is that the case for the Locals window as well, maybe?
I closed the workbook with all the code, to get rid of the clutter; then there was nothing cascaded. then I closed window in VBE one by one, until there was nothing, then I toggled the Locals window several times, nothing.
When the View menu item is dropped down, I get a sliver of a window (maybe just a vertical line) that could be the remnants of my Locals window, but I can't click on it, as it disappears as soon as the cursor clicks outside the drop down; i can't tab tot he sliver either.
Do you have any other ideas? Thanks for you help.

Ken

Try Window \ Cascade - should now be able to see it and drag it to where you want

In the unlikely event that you still cannot see it close all the other panes one by one - it should eventually be revealed

Upvote 0
That got me to the right place and I got back. I made it not dockable and it showed up. I believe I inadvertently got it docked in the Immediate pane; and I could not see it, or grab it, and went away with the Immediate plane;maybe.
Thanks for you help.

Ken

Upvote 0
(y)
glad you are sorted, thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back