MISSING: Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library

MikeDBMan

If I look in the VBA Editor and select Tools>References, I see the above line checked in my listing. I tried to get it to be found by adding this code at the time of opening:
Code:
Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject.References.AddFromFile "c:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msado15.dll"

But I still have the "MISSING" message. Suggestions? The User is running Windows 7 and Excel 2010. Thanks so much.
I also added the network path where the file is located as a trusted site and checked the checkbox: Trust access to the VBA PRoject object model" checkbox in the Trust Center Settings.
I don't know what else to do.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Just to inquire a little further about potential solutions; which objects are you using from this library?

Upvote 0
For example, an ADODB.Recordset is likely being used...in which case, one could avoid using the reference by late binding (using ProgID) with something like:

Code:
Sub Test()
Dim objRS As Object
Set objRS = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    With objRS
        'do something with your recordset object
    End With
End Sub

instead of referencing the dll and applying the same thing like:

Code:
Sub Test()
Dim objRS As New ADODB.Recordset
With objRS
    'do something with recordset object
End With
End Sub

Does this help clear things up at all?

Upvote 0
When the user opens the file, he immediately gets an error message that the function LCASE() is not a valid function. And when I check in the reference area, I see the message that is the title of this question (Missing: etc...). I do indeed use adodb.recordset but I think I have to get rid of the "MISSING:" issue in order to solve it. I had this problem before but with this new version of MR. EXCEL, I can't find my old question. And everything I have tried does NOT solve the problem. Thanks for asking!

Upvote 0
Interesting (at least to me), I've never run into anything like this. When I check the function LCase(), it points to the 'Microsoft Office 14.0 Object Library'; I can't imagine that the ActiveX dll has anything to do with the LCase() function...strange that the message is telling you differently. Are you able to step through the project on the client machine to see exactly where the fail takes place? To elaborate, does the error take place prior to the procedure starting, or, is there a particular line that throws the error?

Upvote 0
I found this solution in another posting. This solved my problem:

Uncheck and select ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 and problem solved.

I changed to the 2.8 as it said 2.5 but it was a rather old posting. Anyway, that solved my problem. I just unchecked the item that started with "MISSING:"

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting your solution, good to hear you've got it working...though I'm still dumbfounded by the LCase() function bit of this!

Upvote 0
Last week we hed an update of Win7. After the update I found that the connection to my Library 6.0 was disappeared.
After a new connection with ADO-Library 6.1, my application runs fine. Connection is again based on: msado15.dll.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back