MLOOKUP() - Function for multiple LookUp

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
yeah...so wat is mlookup() ? and which language is the above link ? We understand only english here.

Upvote 0
yeah...so wat is mlookup() ? and which language is the above link ? We understand only english here.

There is a dropdown that lets you select English...

If you then click the Excel button, you can further click Mlookup and read about it. It is a UDF function.

Upvote 0
Stormseed, you can use the drop down on the left to change from Dutch (Nederlands) to English.

Personally I prefer just to create a unique key by concatonating the columns that I wish to search and then use a combination of index and match to return the values that I require, this has the advantage of being able to specify exact or nearest matches.

Dom

Upvote 0
Most Excel users aren't that familiar with INDEX and MATH functions, they're just looking for one clear function.

Upvote 0
Dear Domski,

It is very true that one should follow that concept you defined here using index(match()). However, this can cause discrepancies the reason being possible data duplication. Also, you cannot implement this concept on entirely seperate values in 2 different columns. Moreover, in order to find the nearest values in a lookup, I wud rather make use of the "TRUE" or "1" expression for retrieving column field in the formula.

Dear NBVC & Others:

thanks for the clarification you provided. I checked out the UDF. However, I cannot figure out the use of the UDF in order to achieve my needs. Check this thread and kindly let me know if I can implement this UDF to accomplish my need !

THREAD LINK:
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=274770&start=10

Upvote 0
Hi Stormseed,

This function only works on columns of the same length, it works the same way the SUMIF() function does.

Guess you can solve this by just using IF(OR(VLOOKUP(),VLOOKUP()),,).

Erik

Upvote 0
Hi Stormseed,

This function only works on columns of the same length, it works the same way the SUMIF() function does.

Guess you can solve this by just using IF(OR(VLOOKUP(),VLOOKUP()),,).

Erik

thanks for your time to read out my thread, Erik :cool:

I know it can be achieved using the OR function. However, I am on a hunt of identifying a function which can do multiple lookups alike MLOOKUP() mentioned here :devilish:

Upvote 0
Stormseed,

Can you add a screenshot of a short Excelexample to a post ?

- Data on sheet A
- Data on sheet B
- What should be the result
- Where do you want the result

Erik

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back