MMULT or SUMPRODUCT across Multiple Sheets with Indirect

jonathangranger

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone!

Need your expert help in summing across multiple sheets based on multiple criteria of different range sizes.

For example, I have 4 worksheets of recipes and 1 summary tab.
Each recipe contains a date, then ingredients with weights.

I'm looking to create summary tab where I can sum up the total weight, per ingredient, per date.

So far, I've managed to do a 3D sum to get the total weight per ingredient, like below. This works great.
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&AllTabNames&"'!C8:C20"), INDIRECT("'"&AllTabNames&"'!B8:B20"),IngredientTotal!$A2))

- AllTabName is the named range of all the tabs
- AllTabName!B8:B20 is where the ingredients are listed on each recipe
- AllTabName!C8:C20 is where the corresponding weights are listed on each recipe
- IngredientTotal!A2 is the criteria name for the ingredient

I'm now trying to add in the date criteria, but am having trouble. I tried using MMULTI, so I can get the ingredient weights into 1 array, like {10 kg, 2 kg, 3 kg}, and the matching date criteria into a 2nd array, like {1, 0, 1}. But I haven't managed to get it to work. This is what I tried

=MMULT((SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&AllTabNames&"'!C8:C20"), INDIRECT("'"&AllTabNames&"'!B8:B20"),IngredientTotal!$A2)),
_--(INDIRECT("'"&AllTabNames&"'!B3")=IngredientTotal!$B9))

- Teal color code s same as above
- AllTabNames!B3 is the date field on each recipe worksheet
- IngredientTotal!$B9 is the criteria date

Please help! Looking for non-VBA solutions.
(If needed, actual file is here MMULT Question.xlsx)

Thank you!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

jonathangranger

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Forgot to say that even when I add in Transpose to the second array in the MULTI formula, I still get a #VALUE! error. Maybe MMULT is not the answer? I would like a single value answer instead of an array, if possible. Thanks!

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZvK