Modal setting on UserForm Stops Working

geno32080

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm almost done with this project. One final hang up. From the Main Menu UserForm5 , When I click on the Jacksonville Command Button2, it opens the Jacksonville Sheet, Sheet2, I can fill in info as needed, how ever, if I click on the main menu command button2 on Sheet 2 and return to the main menu UserForm5, then come back to the Jacksonville Sheet I can no longer enter info in the cells unless I click on the clear cells button on the jacksonville page, then i can enter info except now I have lost the previous info.
I have the UserForm5 Show Modal to false, but I'm lost now, it works once, but if I leave the sheet and come back it doesn't. Any Idea what's going on here?
This is the last step for this project, and I'm frustrated.

1642030577481.png
1642030661688.png

1642030809510.png
1642030525524.png

1642031207327.png
1642031249615.png

1642031611710.png

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Trial removing the "active sheets" with the specific sheet (ie. sheet2) and specifying ranges (ie. Sheet2.Range("B9:AB40").Clearcontents ). Maybe using activate would be better (ie. Sheet2.Activate) or maybe selecting a specific cell (ie. Sheet2.Range("A1").Select ??? HTH. Dave

Upvote 0
Trial removing the "active sheets" with the specific sheet (ie. sheet2) and specifying ranges (ie. Sheet2.Range("B9:AB40").Clearcontents ). Maybe using activate would be better (ie. Sheet2.Activate) or maybe selecting a specific cell (ie. Sheet2.Range("A1").Select ??? HTH. Dave

Okay I will give that a shot, I'll let you know the results. Sometimes another set of eyes gives the best result.. Thanks

Upvote 0
Well I tried every combo with that strategy. Seemed like it was going to work. But, VBA threw out nothing but errors.
Back to the drawing board.

Upvote 0
Solved...
When using a UserForm as a Main Menu with CommandButtons to navigate to various Sheets, you must do two things,
1. Set ShowModal to False in UserForm properties
2. Use Me.Hide in the code vs UserForm.Hide.
That combination fixed the issue with not being able to enter info onto the sheet after clicking on the Command Button to access the Sheet.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back