Modifying data found with VLOOKUP

bonnepoutine

Hi guys!

• I have a data stored on a master workbook.
  • Each morning, when users open their individual workbooks, a macro retrieves the data from the master workbook and pastes it into one of the sheets in their workbook.
  • On a separate sheet they select a client using a data validation list.
  • Relevant information on the client is shown to them in a nice clean form using VLOOKUP

I'm trying to find a way for users to be able to modify one of the cells (text) on the data in the master workbook without actually going into the master workbook using some sort of macro. Once the data is modified in the master workbook, the other users will click a refresh button which will go retrieve the updated data in the master workbook and paste it back in individual workbook.

Any thoughts on how I could work something like his out?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
try posting a sample of your data, and what you would like to do with if.

doesn't sound too difficult, thinking you might want to update something like "last contacted" or "client contact" ?

Upvote 0
To update the master file from the slave file ,you need to specify more details what are the columns /sheets will be updated .It could be easy one or might be more complex .Depending upon the data validation combinations.It would be helpful if u can share some screenshots.

Regards
Sumit Sandhu

Upvote 0
Basically, employee 1 will get a call from boss A, boss A wants a message sent to boss B. The employee pages boss B and leaves a log of why boss A wanted to contact boss B in their personal workbook. Boss B will call back and possibly speak to employee 2. I would like employee 2 to be able to see the note left by employee 1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back