Module & MS Query Compatibility From PC To Mac

tjh392

I have an spreadsheet which has Excel tables with team data on. On one page I'm using an MS Query with SQL to query these tables.

Here's the original thread (If you really want to know):

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...ons-tables-within-same-excel-spreadsheet.html

The MS Query uses a fixed file location connection to query these tables, so if you move the file from it's original file location all the connections would break (even though the tables are in the same sheet as the queries)

So RoryA created a code to run in the workbook, each time it was opened it would update all of the connections to the new file location. The sheet works perfectly and I've had no problems with it on a PC, however the person who updates the sheet uses a Mac and whenever they tried to open the spreadsheet on their Mac it gives them the error "Compile Error: Method or Data Member Not Found" and opens up the module. Which ultimately prevents the sheet from updating the queries on query pages.

10705950514_33fe97bb96_c.jpg

My question is,

Can someone confirm that the update connections module code that is causing the compatibility error in the Mac? (which is most likely is) and secondly is there a way around it some that this sheet could run on both a Mac and a PC?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back