Monitoring funds usage

Durendal

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everybody,

I am a sales manager. I send funds to my salesman every weeks for them to purchase for me.

What I am trying to do is to monitor the weeks since when they have received funds that they havn’t completely used.
To give you a simple example, what I’d like to do is:

A - In week one, I send him 500$; This same week the salesman bought for 300$. There’s an outstanding of 200$ and total sales of 300$.

B - In week two, I send him 300$; This same week he bought for 100$. There’s an outstanding of 400$ and total sales of 400$.

C - In week three, I send him 300$; This same week he bought for 150$. There’s an outstanding of 550$ and total sales of 550$.

- What I want is a formula that would give me, for A, one week since the funds havn’t been entirely used;

- For B, two weeks since the total sales are 400$ and I gave him 500 in week one;

- For C, two weeks since the first 500$ have been filled, but now I am on the 300$ from the second week.

1660208833499.png

I hope you can understand what I am asking, don’t hesitate to ask question if you don’t understand. I’ve tried all sort of thing but I’m not able to solve this.

Thanks a lot

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
If "Fund Remaining" is calculated in column F then try using in H2 and H3 use in this order:
Excel Formula:
=IF(F2>0,1,0)&"  Weeks"
Excel Formula:
=IF(F3="","   ",IF(F3>0,("0"&TRIM(LEFT(H2,3)))+1,0)&"  Weeks")
Then copy H3 down for as lines as you need

Upvote 0
Thanks for you answer, I really appreciate you tried to help me. It didn't work though, but I found the solution somewhere else if anyone is interested:

Excel Formula:

=COUNTIF(C$1:C2,">"&E2)

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back