Month plus one

Nalani

I've searched but couldn't find what I'm after.

A1 enter March

I ws looking for a formula that will populate say H1 with April

Thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Rather contrived

=TEXT(DATE(YEAR(DATEVALUE("01/"&A1&"/"&YEAR(TODAY()))),MONTH(DATEVALUE("01/"&A1&"/"&YEAR(TODAY())))+1,DAY(DATEVALUE("01/"&A1&"/"&YEAR(TODAY())))),"mmmm")

Upvote 0
Rather contrived

Had to lookup that meaning:
2 : to bring about by stratagem or with difficulty

I appreciate you effort, I too had tried numerous ways.

I get a #VALUE error with your formula.

Upvote 0
Not sure if I missed something, but would this work too?

=TEXT(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)),"mmmm")

Edit.... Never mind, I figured it out. VoG's is good if you have the Text "march" in cell A1. If you have an actual date value in A1 though, it will not work. Mine would be the one for a date.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It works for me. I am using the dd/mm/yyyy date format. If you are using a different date fiormat, like mm/dd/yyyy then you will need to adjust

DATEVALUE("01/"&A1&"/"&YEAR(TODAY())

so that it 'looks' like a date in your date format.

<b>Sheet1</b><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; padding-left:2pt; padding-right:2pt; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:64px;" /><col style="width:75px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td style=" border-width:3px; border-style:eek:utset;border-color:#f0f0f0; ">A</td><td style=" border-width:3px; border-style:eek:utset;border-color:#f0f0f0; ">B</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="border-width:3; border-style:eek:utset;border-color:#f0f0f0; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td >March</td><td >April</td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b>Spreadsheet Formulas</b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Formula</td></tr><tr><td >B1</td><td >=TEXT(DATE<span style=' color:008000; '>(YEAR<span style=' color:#0000ff; '>(DATEVALUE<span style=' color:#ff0000; '>("01/"&A1&"/"&YEAR<span style=' color:#804000; '>(TODAY<span style=' color:#ff7837; '>()</span>)</span>)</span>)</span>,MONTH<span style=' color:#0000ff; '>(DATEVALUE<span style=' color:#ff0000; '>("01/"&A1&"/"&YEAR<span style=' color:#804000; '>(TODAY<span style=' color:#ff7837; '>()</span>)</span>)</span>)</span>+1,DAY<span style=' color:#0000ff; '>(DATEVALUE<span style=' color:#ff0000; '>("01/"&A1&"/"&YEAR<span style=' color:#804000; '>(TODAY<span style=' color:#ff7837; '>()</span>)</span>)</span>)</span>)</span>,"mmmm")</td></tr></table></td></tr></table> <br />Excel tables to the web - Excel Jeanie Html 4

Upvote 0
Rather contrived

=TEXT(DATE(YEAR(DATEVALUE("01/"&A1&"/"&YEAR(TODAY()))),MONTH(DATEVALUE("01/"&A1&"/"&YEAR(TODAY())))+1,DAY(DATEVALUE("01/"&A1&"/"&YEAR(TODAY())))),"mmmm")
That really is quite impressive.

Upvote 0
may be this

Code:
=TEXT(DATEVALUE("1-"&A1)+32,"mmmm")

Upvote 0
:oops: Sorry VoG, it does work. My stupidity, A1 was just a "quick post" cell reference. My actual cell is G1.

After I adjusted, it works just fine. I appreciate your effort.

I also tried sanrv1f's formula and it works also.

In my attempts, I had tried the +32 approach but I didn't quite get there.

Thank you both for the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back