Month to date compare with other month to same day

roadieoz

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

I am unsure how to word the question and because of this unsure if this has already been answered.
I have order data coming in via email > power automate > excel. The power automate is importing the data into a table in excel and captures the time received (example of format "21/01/2022 12:10:03 PM").
My question is, how can I see a monthly comparison of total orders to a certain day?

If today is April 15, I would like to compare with each month up to the 15th. So Jan 15, Feb 15.. etc.. if the day was April 20th, it would need to compare Jan 20, Feb 20.. etc up to the current April 20th
Is there a way that this would recognize what day and month it is and compare without changing the formula?

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
It is possible but you need to show us what your data looks like and how you want your result displayed. You also mention "total orders" but give no information about how orders are recorded or counted. Is it one order per row?

As a quick example suppose that column A is the date and each row is one order. The month-to-date number of orders for January of this year is:
Excel Formula:
=COUNTIFS(A:A,">="&DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,DAY(TODAY()),"<"&DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),2,1))

Upvote 0
Hi Jeff,

Yes sorry..

The table is 1 row per order and new orders are appended automatically by power automate. The formatting is controlled and never changes.
The goal is to be able to see the total number of orders to day this month, then be able to look and see the total numbers to the same day of the previous months and compare.

Here is a short example, unfortunately I cant share the file.

Attachments

• excel example data.png
    excel example data.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
My formula will work for this, although change the reference to column A to be column D. You will need 12 formulas, one for each month. (Small error in above formula fixed here)

Excel Formula:
=COUNTIFS(D:D,">="&DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,DAY(TODAY()),D:D,"<"&DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),2,1))
                                      ^                                         ^
                                      1=Month of Jan                            2=Month of Feb

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back