More conditions for SUMPRODUCT formula

bbsaid99

I have a SUMPRODUCT formula that counts the number of "Yes" in column B if a "1" appears in column A.

What I need it to do is count the number of yes answers in column B if there is a "1" OR "2" in column A.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the formula I'm currently using:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(RawData!$A$1:$A$1000="1"),--(RawData!$B$1:$B$1000="Yes"))

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Assuming that the numbers in Column A are formatted as text, try...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(RawData!$A$1:$A$1000,{"1","2"},0))),--(RawData!$B$1:$B$1000="Yes"))

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Thanks Domenic, but I can't seem to get the formula to work. I tried formatting the column as text, and had no results.

Upvote 0
Sorry bbsaid99,

Because you said you were currently using that particular formula, I assumed it worked and that your numbers in Column A were formatted as text. Since that doesn't appear to be the case, remove the quotes from the numbers within the array constant. The formula should be...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(RawData!$A$1:$A$1000,{1,2},0))),--(RawData!$B$1:$B$1000="Yes"))

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Wow, thanks that worked like a charm.

To make it more complicated, is there any way I could add one more condition? Lets say it has to have 1 or 2 in column A, "Paper Clips" in column B and then count "Yes" in column C

I tried doing this, but it didn't work

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(RawData!$A$1:$A$1000,{1,2},0))),--(RawData!$B$1:$B$1000="Paper Clips"),--(RawData!$C$1:$C$1000="Yes"))

Thanks so much for your help

Upvote 0
bbsaid99 said:
I tried doing this, but it didn't work

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(RawData!$A$1:$A$1000,{1,2},0))),--(RawData!$B$1:$B$1000="Paper Clips"),--(RawData!$C$1:$C$1000="Yes"))

The formula is definitely correct. Make sure that the cells in Column B that contain "Paper Clips" don't have one or more extra spaces. The values need to match the criteria exactly.

Upvote 0
I must have made some mistake in my formula because I typed it in again and it worked.

Thanks so much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwindels

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back