MoreFunc Add-In Value Error in HSORT and VSORT

AlphaMax

Greetings, this is my first time on MrExcel forum. I have a problem that I have not been able to solve and I was hoping that someone else may have had a similar experience. Here is my problem:

Yesterday I installed the morefunc version 5 add-in, downloaded fine (from CNET), installed fine. I have access to and can use all of the functions in the morefunc add-in; however, when I try to use the HSORT, HSORT.IDX, VSORT and VSORT.IDX functions, I get a #VALUE! error message. Even using the functions in there simplest form, for example:

1) I would highlight three cells horizontally,
2) type =HSORT({3,1,2},,1)
3) press (ctrl+shift+enter) to make it an array function and add the brackets

and I get #VALUE! in all three cells, no data.

Some info that may or may not be relevant, I have Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 installed on my system, this is an older version of VB that may be conflicting with the VB module used in the add-in. I use it so I prefer not to have to uninstall it just to see if that is the problem.

Is there some kind of Microsoft component service that must be activated in order to use the morefunc add-in? I spent 12 hours yesterday researching and testing, in the research I haven't found one other person to experience this issue, and in testing all answers pointed to incorrect data type. So I made certain that all of my data were numeric (although the hsort functions are suppose to be able to handle a multitude of different data types), that didn't work, so I tried text, that didn't work. I have input this function every way possible. What is odd, is that the other functions work fine, even as array functions, they work fine. I have also, uninstalled and reinstalled version 5, that didn't fix anything, same problem. I tried installing the older version 3.62 I believe, same problem again. I am at a lose, if anyone could offer any ideas it would be muchly appreciated. Even the slightest thing that you think may not be important, please offer, I'm good at taking an idea and running with it.

Thank you!;)

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
1. check Morefunc help for the function's parameters.
2. try the following:

Data in B2:D2
Select B3:D3 and enter formula =HSORT(B2:D2,,,) yields descending list
Select B4:D4 and enter formula =HSORT(B2:D2,,1) yields ascending list

3. download the latest or a later version of Morefunc.

4. select three cells, array enter =HSORT({3,1,2},,1) and you get three cells
with the amounts sorted ascending.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am having the exact same problem that Alpha Max is having with the VSORT and HSORT functions. Did you ever discover your problem Alpha Max?

Upvote 0
What are you trying to do?
What version of Excel are you using?
What version of Morefunc are you using?

What formula did you try?

Did you Array Enter the formula? The formula must be entered with
Ctrl+Shift+Enter not just Enter.

Upvote 0
I am on Excel 2003, Morefunc I think is version 5 (just downloaded it last night),have properly array function entered the formulas. I have this huge sales database that is populated by either reference cells or reference calculations, and I want to be able to SORT the ROWS by level of sales (one of the calculated columns). I have tried a simple 3 cell hsort and vsort with specific values (3,1,2) and still get the #value return in all array cells. Thanks for your interest and help.

Upvote 0
I am not really sure what you are trying to do. A concise example may be very useful.

With a copy of your spreadsheet, try the following:
1. convert your formulas to values
2. try sorting the ranges with the regular built in sort i.e.
with data in F6:J7
Select the range F6:J7
Data | Sort | Options | Left to Right | Row 7 or

3. try Morefunc again

Upvote 0
I am having the exact same problem that Alpha Max is having with the VSORT and HSORT functions. Did you ever discover your problem Alpha Max?

rrooker, I have given up trying to get the HSORT and VSORT functions to work on my computer. I researched every resource available, you and I apparently are the only ones that are experiencing this problem. I installed morefunc on another laptop that I have as well, and surprisingly HSORT and VSORT do not work on that laptop either. The ony thing I can pinpoint is that I am currently running an older version of Visual Basic, and since the morefunc add-in uses the VB database utility I believe my older VB database service kicks in whenever the database is trying to be accessed, and the old VB database driver can't read the newer VB database files. (note: I've been calling them VB databases, but I believe they are actually Access Databases).

Anyhow, I've gotten very good at being able to do my own sorts in Excel, so if you write another post about what you want to sort, I may be able to help with that.

Oh, by the way, I tried to contact the French guy who created Morefunc, but his website seems to have been corrupted, and unless you speak French, don't even try to search for anything there, it's almost not possible.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back