MOS 2013 quesiton

honwade

Hello,

I have this question MOS 2013 exam (I have Excel 2013):
fill all cells in the column that contain values of more than $100 with bright yellow.

My problem is the following: if i set conditional formatting like: Cell Value > 100, then it works but the first cell will be also yellow (the first cell in the column is a text, contains: ExtendedPrice).
So not just the values which are bigger than 100 will be yellow, but this header too. I can solve this by using this formula in conditional formatting for Column F: =AND(NOT(ISTEXT(F1));F1>100)

My question is, what should I do in a case like this, which is the better solution based on the excercise.
As far as I know MOS exams are corrected by computer, so I am afraid of that there is only one good solution.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
First I would like to remark to be careful with MOS 2013 questions on a forum because of associated non disclosure agreements.

Otherwise I would opt for either keeping F1 out of the range for conditional formatting or state your formula in a positive manner:

Code:
=AND(ISNUMBER(F1);F1>100)

Apparently you are using ";" as a delimiter, usually on this forum it's "," (I'm using ";" as well...).

Upvote 0
Thanks for your answer, actually, it is a sample question which is familiar to a MOS question, but anyway thanks for your comment.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back