Most Difficult Problem with Numeric Cells?

allanTeh

I have values in cells of Columns G and H (I got the values by COPY & PASTE SPECIAL, VALUE from website) which CANNOT be done calculations with, for example I cannot SUM() all values in Column G.

Even changing the cells' format to NUMBER or GENERAL or TEXT cannot work.

Pls HELP by giving me STEP BY STEP GUIDE on what should be done to values in Columns G & H to enable them to perform calculations.

I can email to you the Excel file (if you give me your email address) or you can download it by going into my email as follows:

email Name: sguse44@yahoo.com.sg
password: publicuse (The file name is Mathsproblem.xls, therere is only one file so no problem of confusion)

Thank you for your kindness.

allan Teh
allanthteh@yahoo.com.sg

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Joe Was

MrExcel MVP
Select the range of numbers and from the Toolbar select Replace, in the "Find What:" box type a single space. than click "Replace All" a lot of web numbers are padded with spaces as the last character, preventing them from being valid formula ranges.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CraneS

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...