Mouse pointer problem

shajueasow

All on a sudden my mouse pointer in excel is not working properly. I cannot use my mouse to drag and fill, or to adjust the page break lines in the Page Break View mode. It always is in the shape of the white cross with black border and never changes it shape when pointed at the lower right edge of cells too. Now.......what to do in order to get out of this problem.
TIA

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
It was noticed that any selected cell NOW has a full border for it....whereas actually it is a border with a "dot" on the lower right hand corner earlier.
Any guesses....?

Upvote 0
Which version of Excel. I suspect cell drag and drop had been turned off but the details of how to reset it vary.

Upvote 0
Thanks A Lot. Your diagnosis was perfect. That itself was the problem.
I use Excel 2003 with Windows XP.....(if that will provide more ways to get out of this problem).
Thanks A Lot.

Upvote 0
The setting is Tools-Options, Edit tab, check the 'Allow cell drag and drop' option.

Upvote 0
My mouse pointer in excel 2007 is not working properly. I cannot use my mouse to drag and fill, or to adjust the page break lines in the Page Break View mode. It always is in the shape of the white cross with black border and never changes it shape when pointed at the lower right edge of cells too. Now.......what to do in order to get out of this problem.

Upvote 0
In 2007, it's in Excel Options (click the Office button) in the Advanced section, third option is: 'Enable fill handle and cell rag-and-drop'. Check that.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much. This very useful and i have sorted out my problem. One another problem, i am also facing in excel 2007 that is i cannot edit cell contains directly by double clicking at particular cell by mouse, which i want to edit. Please help me for this problem.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0
That's the allow edit in cell option below the other one. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back