Mouseover Value Changes Affected by Points in a Chart?

Alex_Hayden

I know that mouseover value changes are possible through something like this:

Interactive Dashboard in Excel using Hyperlinks | Chandoo.org - Learn Microsoft Excel Online

but it has left me wondering: Is it possible to do something similar with points on a graph instead of the hover arrow point? I'm not what one would call 'well-versed' in VBA, so my knowledge base is a little lacking, but I was wondering for the purposes of displaying point values as the mouse hovers over them. It would be more visible than the tiny display Excel normally raises for hover values on points, and would appear more promptly, and because of this the idea intrigues me. I'm attempting to make sheets that are as simple as possible to look at and understand (for what is essentially one of my many bosses) and something along these lines would be an immense aid and would be generally useful. If there is a simpler Non-VBA way to do something along these lines it would honestly be amazing, mostly due to the fact that my bosses do not have Macros enabled, nor do they know anything about them. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, although I have a suspicion there is no way to actually due this to exactly the idea I'm envisioning in my head.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back