Move (2) listobjects data to an 'archive' workbook

mib1019

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I have a workbook with two user input tables that I've so far got a simple archiving process designed for. I'd like to make the process better.

The current process current uses a button and moves through these steps.
  • Makes a copy of the existing file and gives it a name (the original file name plus 'ARCHIVEmmddyyhhmm', then closes the new file
  • In the working file, steps through the table called 'TimeData' and deletes all records where the looked-up value of the project status is one of three values (closed, not awarded, closed-incomplete)
  • Moves to the ProjectInfo table and deletes all projects set to one of those three codes
It works fine as it is. I should take the archive files to an additional step of deleting all the records that don't match one of the closed statuses, basically a reverse of what the code does in the working file so that just closed projects remain. That would be easy enough to do, just leave the ARCHIVE file open then close it after the clean-up. In order to see all archived data, multiple files would need to be manually combined.

So what I'd like to do instead is to establish a single archive file and have the process include appending the data from the two tables in the working file into identical tables in the archive.

Hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance for your time.

MB

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back