Move Data showing in Reverse To Sheet 2

Sharid

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a spread sheet which has some data, some of the emails in the data are in reverse. I have a code that can reverse the data so that is not an issue. My problem is I ahve to ID all the emails that are in reverse and move them to sheet2 as my current code an not determin which data is NOT in reverse.

The emails are shown as such MyEmail@gmail.com will show as moc.liamg@liamEyM

Currently I am using auto filter to remove from sheet 1 to sheet 2 and then I reverse them the correct way. Is there a Faster way to do this?. I was thinking that almost all email should END with a dot in the second or third character e.g. .com or .uk

If it does not have a dot in the LAST 2 or 3 characters then then move the whole row to sheet2 row 2 down and clear and delete the row in sheet1. I can then use my reverse code to correct the data.

Data will be in Sheet 1 columns A and B, Column B will have the emails, therefore the whole row will need to move to sheet2 Row2 down
1614685345515.png

There are too many email endings to list all, but all should have a dot in the last 2 or 3 characters.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
I can use this to copy and paste the rows to sheet2, however I can not set it to look for a dot after the second or third last characters. e.g. .com or .uk. Therefore if it DOES NOT have a dot copy the rows to sheet2

VBA Code:
Option Explicit

Sub CopyPaste()

Dim Cell As Range

With Sheets(1)
    ' loop column B until last cell with value 
    For Each Cell In .Range("B1:B" & .Cells(.Rows.Count, "H").End(xlUp).Row)
        If Cell.Value <> "." Then
             ' Copy>>Paste in 1-line 'NEED TO SET IT TO ROW2 AS ROW1 HAS HEADINGS
            .Rows(Cell.Row).Copy Destination:=Sheets(2).Rows(Cell.Row)
        End If
    Next Cell
End With

End Sub

Upvote 0
This is far as I have got, however it copies everthing over when it should only copy over items WHOS 3rd and 4th characters are not a dot.

VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim items As Variant
Dim Cell As Range

With Sheets(1)
        ' loop column B until last cell with value
        For Each Cell In .Range("B2:B" & .Cells(.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row)
            If (Left(items, 4) <> ".") Then ' IF 4TH ITEM FROM RIGHT IS NOT A . THEM COPY TO SHEET 2
            If (Left(items, 3) <> ".") Then ' IF 3RD ITEM FROM RIGHT IS NOT A . THEM COPY TO SHEET 2
        End If
        End If
    Next Cell
    End With

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back