Move multiple files by vba

hdgfss

my files are located in C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\Files
i have to move 4 to 5 files(it can be more than this) from here C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\Files to C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop
condition-check wheather my files are located in C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\Files if yes then move it to C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop and if not then do nothing
Important- i will add the file names in the vba code so that if it is there then it will be moved ( i will put 7 or 8 files name in vba code or more)

hdgfss

Sorry Sir I don't know who he is
and that code is for only 1 file
and i am dealing with multiple file sir
Our process is for multiples files Sir

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Funny how the question is very very similar, including the file locations to be used.
You said you would hardcode the filenames & that is what the code in the link does. Simply repeat the code for the other filenames.

hdgfss

Sir if i have to move 10 files then i have to make 10 macros sir
it is not a good option and i think it is not recommendable also sir

hdgfss

I don't know sir that's why i am looking for guidance
Plz Guide Sir

Last edited:

hdgfss

Sir i tried but i am unable to make it
plz help sir

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
hdgfss,

What you are going to find is that people here typically do not like to do people's homeowrk/assignments for them (that really isn't ethical).
However, we will be willing to point you in the right direction, give you hints, or critique code that you have come up with. Both Fluff and I have given you tips, but you still not have shown any effort of your own on this question.

So I suggest you look at the links we have provided, and try to see what coe you can come up with. If it doesn't work out quite right, you can post the code you have attempted here, and we can point out where the problem areas are.

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • find many based on a certain criteria
    good evening, I hope someone can help me? I have a workbook sheet 2 contains lots of data.... I would like to be able to find anything on sheet...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...
  • Text Format
    I have a sheet for user to keyin the data. The format of the data can be 451 / 1903, 0012 / 9908 or 00287 / 0099. The number after the "/" is...
  • Macro to copy values across rows and transposing them and add the user id
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Hi,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New...