Move Row from one worksheet to another based on cell value

danjameswalker

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Firstly; I'm aware this has been asked loads but I just can't figure it out!

I would like to move an row from my Worksheet "Action Log" to another worksheet "Closed Actions" when an "x" is input in the Complete column of my table.

From what I understand I need to use VBA code but I've tried putting a few of the code strings in with no luck.
Each row has some formulas in and some conditional formatting. The Complete column only has conditional formatting in. I don't know if that confuses it

I have never used VBA before so could someone break it down as if youre talking to an infant :)

1603465390947.png

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your "Action Log" sheet and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Put an "x" in column K and press the RETURN key.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("K:K")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Closed Actions").Cells(Sheets("Closed Actions").Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thank you, how do I now get it to delete the row from Action Log but leave it in ClosedActions

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
    If Intersect(Target, Range("K:K")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Closed Actions").Cells(Sheets("Closed Actions").Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    Target.EntireRow.Delete
    Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
I am attempting to use the code you pasted above to apply to my situation, but I must be missing something because it isn't working. I would like to accomplish the same thing - move any given row from the Pending Orders sheet to the Received Orders sheet once column L has any name populated from the drop down as being received. Can you please help?

Upvote 0
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your "Pending Orders" sheet and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Make a selection in column L.
VBA Code:
    If Intersect(Target, Range("L:L")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Received Orders").Cells(Sheets("Received Orders").Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    Target.EntireRow.Delete
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thank you for the speedy reply! Unfortunately though, it did not work.

Attachments

• Capture VBA.PNG
    Capture VBA.PNG
    154.3 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0
I tested the macro on some dummy data and it worked as you requested. Did you follow the instructions to place the macro in the worksheet code module? Also it is hard to work with a picture. It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach a screenshot (not a picture) of your sheet.
Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing'
and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0
Ok, so it turns out I just needed to close and reopen excel and it worked! Thank you!! One other question: in addition to having this code, is there a way to include a confirm prompt before it makes the move (after choosing a name from the drop down for the received field) in case of accidental clicking? Or maybe a way to make it move back to the Pending Orders sheet by deleting the name in the received column in the Received Orders sheet?

Upvote 0
Try:
VBA Code:
    If Intersect(Target, Range("L:L")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    If MsgBox("Are you sure you want to move row " & Target.Row & " to the 'Received Orders' sheet?", vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
        Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Received Orders").Cells(Sheets("Received Orders").Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
        Target.EntireRow.Delete
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back