move row to tab based on criteria in list

scarrain

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello this my first post on MrExcel it's a fantastic site by the way thank you to everyone. I found several macros from chains that are close to what I need but they don't quite meet my requirement and as I've been thinking about it what I need seems incredibly complicated. I have a spreadsheet the data I need sorted is on a tab called "SO Status Report", it doesn't have to be called this in fact if anything needs to be changed regarding names or sheets it can be done. I need rows to move from the original data tab to separate tabs based on codes found in columns AE, AK and AN. Here is the unique circumstance first I need to move rows based on unique values in column AE and move them to a tab called HOLD, these values could change over time or there may be none the values can currently be found on the tab called DATA in cells H1, H2, and H3. Then I need to move rows to a tab called NMCS if the letter N is found in column AN. Finally I need to move rows based on numerical values in column AK to different tabs based on their ranges, 01 thru 03 would need to move to its own tab, then 04 thru 08, then 09 thru 15.

The data has to be sorted in this sequence to properly account for specific requirements, if the rows meet the criterial in column AE then it should not be on any other tab regardless of what is in columns AK and AN. If the rows meets the criteria in column AN then it must be on its own tab regardless of what is in column AK.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back