Move/Shift Formula from one column to another

aliikhlaq2006

Hi,
I have a formula in cell D1 Sum(A1+B1-C1) i want the formula to move forward if if insert a column left side so formula move to the E1 and formula will be Sum(B1+C1-D1). What happens here is that A1 drops out and D1 added in the formula. I try with offset function but not working for me

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
No i think you not understood it i want the formula to shift forward means drop the A1 and add the new added column
10​
20​
10​
=SUM(A1:C1)Before
10​
20​
10​
50​
=SUM(B2:D2)After

Upvote 0
I think i found a solution thank you for the help. But can you tell me how to add the column to the right side normally columns are added on the left side but is there any way to add to the right side

Upvote 0
No i think you not understood it i want the formula to shift forward means drop the A1 and add the new added column
In post 1 you said you want it to move forward when you 'insert a column on the left' but in post 3 you are adding data to the right side (nothing is being inserted).
This is my interpretation of your requirement based on what little sense I can make of what you're asking. If it is not what you need then a much clearer explanation will be required.
Book1
ABCDEF
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
F1:F2F1=SUM(INDEX(A1:E1,MATCH(E1+100,A1:E1)-2):E1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DumbFinanceBro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back