Movie Times

fader5

I would like to catalog my home movies. I need a formula that would make it easy to:

1. Input Time [Hour Minutes Seconds]
without using ":" because I mostly use the number keypad for inputting. Maybe using the period "." as 1.38.24 = One hour, thirty-eight minutes and twenty-four seconds

2 Then Calculate the length

I'm open to any ideas

I also use Access and wouldn't mind that option as a database that would help in identifying scenes / subjects.

Thanks
Bill

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Bill

Why don't you use Access?

With that you should be able to set up an input mask which will allow you to enter the time as you want.

You could do something in Excel to allow entering the time with just the number keypad, but it would involve code and might be a bit convoluted.:)

Upvote 0
There is an open source program called "Personal Video Database" that will do whatever you want. The program is referred as PVD.

It has many, many plug-ins available. It can export the database to .csv, .xml and can generate a website. It will also collect data from other sites like Amazon and IMDB to get the cast, alternate titles, imdb ratings, etc...

This has many, many features and constantly has updates.

I used to use Excel as my movie catalog. You can also import a spreadsheet into the PVD and then lookup all the titles against IMDB, all you need is the Movie title and Year. If two are found, it prompts you which you mean.

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymonster123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back