Moving a cell value AND moving a reference cell value with it.

RedJeep1970

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a very simple formula that looks to see if 2 cells meet true conditions. If true then I want to populate the cell (that contains the formula) with a value from 5 columns over, from the first cell named in the formula. That's not a problem.
My problem is, I want to MOVE the 2 cells to a different location in their same columns. Once moved, I want the value to be the value 5 columns over from the first named cell in the formula, FROM THE NEW LOCATION, in the NEW ROW.
My formula is attached in a screen capture.
Right now the formula returns the number 15.
I want to move the values in I4 & J4 to I6 & J6. I don't want the value 15 returned. I want the value (in this case) to be 19. It's like the opposite of an absolute value. More like a dynamic value. Eventually there will be more to the formula with nested if statements. I'm just trying to get the first if statement to work properly for me.
Thanks so much. Steve

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230310_161030_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230310_161030_Gallery.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
I have a very simple formula that looks to see if 2 cells meet true conditions. If true then I want to populate the cell (that contains the formula) with a value from 5 columns over, from the first cell named in the formula. That's not a problem.
My problem is, I want to MOVE the 2 cells to a different location in their same columns. Once moved, I want the value to be the value 5 columns over from the first named cell in the formula, FROM THE NEW LOCATION, in the NEW ROW.
I want to move the values in I4 & J4 to I6 & J6. I don't want the value 15 returned. I want the value (in this case) to be 19. It's like the opposite of an absolute value. More like a dynamic value. Eventually there will be more to the formula with nested if statements. I'm just trying to get the first if statement to work properly for me.
Thanks so much. Steve
Just found this. Guess I was beating my head against the wall.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230310_202033_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230310_202033_Chrome.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
Thanks so much. Steve
But actually, I'm NOT moving the formula... I'm moving the cells in the beginning of the IF statement.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back