Moving below cell to next cell on the right

JH78632

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

Probably a bit of a longshot here, but I'm going to give it a go! I've tried myself and can't for the life of me figure it out.

I have been sent a sheet of data containing around 10,000+ cells going down, as seen in the below image, there is two of each in the 'date' tab however it has two different sets of data. I need these to go to the side (highlighted in yellow), however due to the large amount, this would take a very long time to do manually.

Is anyone able to advise on how I could do this in one bulk move? :) Appreciate all the help!

ExcelTest.JPG

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
So you want whats in B3 then B5 then B7 etc?

=INDEX(B:B,1+2*ROWS($A$1:A1))

Upvote 0
So you want whats in B3 then B5 then B7 etc?

=INDEX(B:B,1+2*ROWS($A$1:A1))
Hey Steve,

Thanks for the help mate! That worked.

Just wondering if there was a way to do this if let's say there was more than 1 cell below? I anticipate that future sheets I'm sent may contain much more data under one column.

I.e;

44341 Test
44341 Testing
44341 Tester
44341 Test12345

Upvote 0
Depends if its consistent. If its always the same number of rows apart then yes. If not then it depends if there is anything else to refer to that can identify the row required.

Upvote 0
Depends if its consistent. If its always the same number of rows apart then yes. If not then it depends if there is anything else to refer to that can identify the row required.

Would it be possible for something to identify duplicates in column A, and move the contents in column B side by side for all?

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2:H27C2=IF($A2=$A1,"",IFERROR(INDEX($B$2:$B$83,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW($A$2:$A$83)-ROW($A$2)+1)/($A$2:$A$83=$A2),COLUMNS($B2:C2))),""))

Upvote 0
You could but it would be slow in your version of excel. This is how id go about it. First id create a unique dates row. For example in cell C2:

=MIN(A:A)+ROWS($A$1:A1)-1

In D2:

=INDEX($B$2:$B$20000,SMALL(IF($A$2:$A$20000=$C2,ROW($A$2:$A$20000)-ROW($A$2)+1),COLUMNS($A$1:A1)))

entered CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about

Hi Fluff,

Thanks for this - really appreciate it! Just wondering if it's possible to expand it after the column which has 'Z'? Just as my current sheet has 10,000+cells in total.

Oh hello. Was i just wasting my time?

Not at all - I will almost certainly use your formula also :) Thanks for your help!

Sorry if I'm asking silly questions guys! I'm not even at novice level when it comes to excel.

Upvote 0
Just change the range to cover however many rows you have.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back