Moving data selected from one sheet to other and deleting empty cells

mattkng

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

So I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to move/copy the data that is selected with the check box from sheet 1 to sheet 2 (see Pics) then move the data up deleting the empty cells on sheet 2. I've tried just using a simple excel if statement, but when I do that coupled with code to delete cells I lose the If statement for future use. I have tried VBA if statements with range().copy, but I'm not sure how to get it to just copy the check boxes (Col AC = true) values only, then remove the blank cells on sheet 2. I've found several thing that will delete the row, but I need to just delete the cells as there is hidden data that will mess up other formulas if deleted. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• Sheet1.png
    Sheet1.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Sheet2.png
    Sheet2.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 5

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
This would be simpler if you went by True or False in column C rather than trying to locate what row a checkbox is in. It is possible to select cells, copy to another location and then delete source cells, choosing to shift adjacent cells up, left or whatever. The rest of your post makes no sense to me. I see no connection between what's supposed to be copied from 1 to 2 as 2 is blank. The column header in 2 doesn't match anything in 1 either. Nor do I see how there would be blank cells on sheet 2 either after copying rows 4,8,13,22,28 from sheet 1 to sheet2
Post 4 here might help you find checked checkboxes if you want to stick with that idea

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back