moving data

kendel

Board Regular
Hello, I'm using XP & excel 2007 pretty much just learning. I would like to move data from many cells in the same column at the same time. The cells are separated by other data or blank cells. There are many cells in the column to move at the same time, so moving them 1 at a time takes too long. An example would be to move both 3s at the same time 1 cell to the right (the cell is empty).

thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Why do you not filter your selection, and then choose the number you want to move from the filter list. You can then select only visibly cells by highlighting all the 3s that now now appear in the filtered list and then going to
edit
go to
special
click on visible cells only and ok
ctrl c
click in the cell you wish to copy to
and ctrl v

This works in excel 2003, not sure which menu you will use in 2007 for the 'go to' thing.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the response but I guess I didn't explain what I would like to do clearly. Please reread my post. Is there a way to move just the 3s at the same time one cell to the right? There are times when I would like to move the data in 40 or 50 unconnected cells in the same column, 1 cell to the right and there could be 6-7 sheets. Moving a 3 in 300 cells 1 cell to the right one at a time would take very long.
Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaliya13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back