Moving Formatted Cells When Sorting

M3rlin

Is there a way to move the formatting of a cell when sorting? Data in each column moves, but the formating for each cell remains in the original location. Any help will be appreciated!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

ian.thomas17

Need more info...

I'm still somewhat inexperienced in Excel but your question intrigued me because I thought that formatting sorted with the data. I tested this and the formatting sorts when I do it. My first question, then, is what formatting is applied to the data you are trying to sort? My second question is, what version of Excel are you using? I'm not familiar with the differences between Excel 2002 and other versions, but perhaps the version of Excel you're using doesn't support sorting formatting.

PaddyD

MrExcel MVP
are you talking about conditional formatting? if so, post the format conditions & a description of your data.

M3rlin

I should have clarified more. I am using different cell borders and wanted the cell borders in a row to sort with the data. The font and conditional formatting to move, just not the cell borders.

Thanks

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluepinky