Moving Manually Entered Formulas with Uneven Datasets to New Worksheet

montyfern

Board Regular
1. I am trying to decide what is the best way to have excel to take the information from the left side of the data sheet and fill in the empty table on the right side.
2. I want to know If there is either a way for excel to take the data from the summary sheet and put it into the data sheet for me or to run some kind of an error check to make sure the values were not copied incorrectly from the summary data to the data sheet.
3. I need the data in the summary data file to stay as reported but I need to turn all negative values to 0 on the data sheet for the charts and graphs that will be made.

In sum, There's 20 wells on a plate, run the whole 20 wells 2/3x in a week but 4 plates @ a time. But then each of those wells have four pictures; there's 100 photos per plate to calculate the average # of cells. I run the data, but someone else took the picture; I have a system that runs a macro that takes the images to put them to a file. I run the macro, paste to file using paste values, & then go thru plate layouts to make sure what samples where on what particular plate; then take that # & put on second file to calculate the binding accuracy & only when there are 4 instances of results. If there's 3 to 1 that are fine, but if 2/2 positive & negative to split the difference if second run results are above 50. Looking for positive & negative values, might have to run calculations a 3rd time. Finally, must add to chart with 0 & negative values. Can share dummy data if need be. P.S. I wrote a macro and used conditional formatting to show 0 values, then added to a data model to combine sheets that had references to calculations but that's the best I've done thus far.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back